Police Clearance Certificate
Notice to the General Public
Due to the national lockdown announced by the UK Government on 4 January 2021, Consular services of the High Commission will be offered only online until further notice.
Please call the following telephone numbers for Consular Services:
Passport – 07404298581
Birth Registration/Citizenship Certificate – 07405085778
Pension – 07459150009
Any other consular matter – 07459610662
Please note that our general telephone number 0207 262 1841 may not be operational during this period and for general inquiries please call the number 07448649715.
Application For A Police Clearance Certificate From Sri Lanka
Public Opening Hours – Mon – Fri from 9.30am to 1pm.
Telephone Inquires – Mon – Fri from 2.30pm to 5.00pm.
No prior appointments – First come first served basis.
All original documents must be submitted along with photocopies.
Fees -only CASH at the Consular Counter
Application can be made;
- Online at https://www.police.lk/index.php/item/58
- To the Consular Division, of this mission between 9.30 a.m. & 1.00 p.m.
- By sending a self addressed, stamped envelope (9′ x 6′) with a request letter to this Mission
- Download Application for Police Clearance Certificate (Please visit our website www.srilankahighcommission.co.uk or www.police.lk
Sri Lankans living in the UK and Ireland may submit their applications directly to the Sri Lanka Police Department through their online system or to the High Commission to be forwarded to the Police Department in Sri Lanka.
The duly filled application should be submitted to this High Commission in person with £15/- or if by post with a postal order or bank draft in favour of “ Sri Lanka High Commission – London”, along with a letter stating the reason for requesting the Police Clearance Certificate and copy of Sri Lankan Passport or Sri Lankan National Identity card.
For Non Sri Lankans, please submit a copy of their respective passport. Without the required documents your application may be rejected by the Police Department.
On submission of the application, it will be forwarded to the Deputy Inspector General of Police (Administration) of the Police Headquarters, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka who would issue the Certificate of Clearance after verifying the details of the applicant from the respective Police Stations.
Upon receipt of the Police Clearance Certificate, it will be sent to the applicant by post or it can be collected from the Consular Division of the High Commission.
Forms to be downloaded as necessary
- Submission of forged certificates or any other documents as well as making false declarations is an offence. Such cases will be reported to relevant authorities.
- Fees will not be refunded at any circumstances.