- Public Opening Hours – Mon – Fri from 9.30am to 1pm.
- Telephone Inquires – Mon – Fri from 2.30pm to 5.00pm.
- No prior appointments – First come first served basis.
- All original documents must be submitted along with photocopies.
- Fees – can be paid by Debit/Credit card.
To obtain a Residence visa, the applicant must enter Sri Lanka on an Entry visa issued by a Sri Lanka diplomatic mission abroad.
The High Commission requires prior approval from the Controller General, Immigration & Emigration (CG, I&E) in Sri Lanka to issue entry visa under this category.
Therefore, Applicant should obtain prior approval from the Department of Immigration & Emigration in Sri Lanka before applying for Entry Visa.
On receipt of the approval, the High Commission can issue Visa once the documents submitted,
Following documents are required to be submitted,
- Duly completed Visa application FORM “B”
- Passport with two unused visa pages (validity should be at least six months from the date you arrive in Sri Lanka)
- Copy of Passport (Data page/Photo page)
- Copy of the approval of the Controller of Immigration & Emigration
- Two recent photographs -passport size- taken within last 6 months
- If you are a non-British or non-EU citizen, you need to show a valid UK visa.
- Relevant visa fee
If you are sending the application by post, please send a postal order/Banker’s draft to “High Commission of Sri Lanka”.