Alteration of passports

Passports can be altered in the following circumstances:

Alteration of the name of a female consequent to marriage
o Form “O” (IM 37)

o Original Birth Certificate (with 1 photocopy)
o Original marriage certificate (with 1 photocopy)
o Husband’s passport with a photocopy

Inclusion of children in the parents passports

Inclusion of children in the passports of parents is no longer possible and children should obtain separate passports.

In this regard please refer the section “REGISTRATION OF BIRTH OUTSIDE SRI LANKA”.