Visa for Media Personnel
Visa for Media Personnel: Journalist, Photojournalist and Media Crew
- Public Opening Hours – Mon – Fri from 9.30am to 1pm.
- Telephone Inquires – Mon – Fri from 2.30pm to 5.00pm.
- No prior appointments – First come first served basis.
- All original documents must be submitted along with photocopies.
- Fees – can be paid by Debit/Credit card.
The High Commission requires prior approval from the Ministry of External Affairs in Sri Lanka to issue visa under this category and therefore applications should be made at least 2weeks in advance.
Media personnel visiting Sri Lanka on a media assignment cannot enter Sri Lanka on a tourist or business visa.
Following documents are required to be submitted,
- Duly completed ETA Business Visa application form
- Passport with two unused visa pages (validity should be at least six months from the date you arrive in Sri Lanka)
- Copy of Passport (Data page/Photo page)
- Two recent photographs -passport size- taken within last 6 months
- If you are a non-British or non-EU citizen, you need to show a valid UK visa.
- Invitation from host company in Sri Lanka,
The letters should be addressed to the Visa Section of the High Commission by an authorized officer on a Company/Organization letterhead.
- A request letter addressed to the High Commission giving details of the planned synopsis of the Film, Duration, Locations, the names and passport details of the media personnel visiting Sri Lanka
- Approval from the National Film Corporation of Sri Lanka
- Carnet for the media equipment taken into the country.
- For filming in Wildlife-protected areas, prior approval from the Department of Wildlife conservation
- Relevant visa fee
If you are sending the application by post, please send a postal order/Banker’s draft to “High Commission of Sri Lanka”.