Visa for Volunteers
Visa for Volunteers and Personnel attached to Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO)
- Public Opening Hours – Mon – Fri from 9.30am to 1pm.
- Telephone Inquires – Mon – Fri from 2.30pm to 5.00pm.
- No prior appointments – First come first served basis.
- All original documents must be submitted along with photocopies.
- Fees – can be paid by Debit/Credit cards.
The High Commission requires prior approval from the Controller General, Immigration and Emigration of Sri Lanka (CG, I&E) to issue entry visa under this category. Therefore, the NGO operating in Sri Lanka should make an application on behalf of the applicant with the applicants CV and passport details to the Controller General/Immigration & Emigration of Sri Lanka.
For more information please see the website www.immigration.gov.lk .
Thereafter the CG, I & E will be issuing necessary instructions to this High Commission with regard to issue of entry visa. On receipt of the approval from the CG, I & E., the High Commission could issue entry visa once the applicant submits the documents mentioned under ‘REQUIREMENTS’ to this High Commission. (Persons entering Sri Lanka on entry visa issued by the High Commission with the approval of the CG, I & E can obtain for residence visa /work permit from the CG, I&E on arrival in Sri Lanka.