Visa for Elective Studies/Voluntary Work
Visa for Elective Studies
- Public Opening Hours – Mon – Fri from 9.30am to 1pm.
- Telephone Inquires – Mon – Fri from 2.30pm to 5.00pm.
- No prior appointments – First come first served basis.
- All original documents must be submitted along with photocopies.
- Fees – ONLY CASH at the Consular Counters.
The High Commission requires prior approval from the Controller General, Immigration & Emigration (CG, I&E) in Sri Lanka to issue entry visa under this category.
Relevant Educational Institute/NGO operating in Sri Lanka should submit the application for residence visa on behalf of the Applicant directly to the CG/I&E, who will then authorise this Mission to issue an entry visa to the Applicant.
For more information please see the website www.immigration.gov.lk
Upon receipt of approval from the CG/I&E this Mission will issue entry visa once the Applicant submits the documents mentioned under ‘Requirements,
- Duly completed Visa application FORM “B”
- Passport with two unused visa pages (validity should be at least six months from the date you arrive in Sri Lanka)
- Copy of Passport (Data page/Photo page)
- Copy of the approval of the Controller of Immigration & Emigration.
- Two recent photographs -passport size- taken within last 6 months.
- If you are a non-British or non-EU citizen, you need to show a valid UK visa.
- Relevant visa fee
If you are sending the application by post, please send a postal order/Banker’s draft to “High Commission of Sri Lanka”.