Minister of Foreign Affairs Ali Sabry awarded letters of appointment to a group of Sri Lankan trained nurses who are scheduled to begin their employment at hospitals in the United Kingdom at a ceremony held on 25 August, 2022 at the Lakshman Kadirgamar Institute. This is the first batch of trained nurses under the programme implemented by the International Institute of Health Sciences (IIHS), Welisara, Sri Lanka, with the facilitation of the Sri Lanka High Commission in London. » Read more
High Commission of Sri Lanka in London in partnership with the Sri Lanka Tourism Promotion Bureau, Sri Lanka National Masters Hockey Association, and World Masters’ Hockey Ltd, organised a Sri Lanka tourism promotional event at the closing ceremony of the Masters’ Hockey World Cup on 21 August 2022.
The closing ceremony was attended by over 3000 visitors from around the world and the event provided the opportunity to promote Sri Lanka among the hockey players and sports enthusiastic spectators as an ideal holiday destination. » Read more
The UK Government introduced its bespoke UK GSP Scheme “Developing Countries Trading Scheme (DCTS)” on 16 August 2022.
- 65 countries will benefit.
- Sri Lanka is a beneficiary country under the DCTS Enhanced Preferences Scheme.
- DCTS will replace the UK’s current Generalized Scheme of Preferences (GSP) in early 2023.
- The scheme will apply to countries currently benefiting under the UK’s GSP.
- DCTS will provide duty-free, quota-free trade to LDCs on everything but arms and duty-free, quota-free trade on 85% of eligible goods to most low income (LIC) and lower-middle income (LMIC) countries.
- Policy paper on DCTS https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/developing-countries-trading-scheme-dcts-new-policy-report/developing-countries-trading-scheme-government-policy-response
For more details, please contact:
Commercial Section of Sri Lanka High Commission – London
02072621841 Ext 248 /246