The UK Government introduced its bespoke UK GSP Scheme “Developing Countries Trading Scheme (DCTS)” on 16 August 2022.
- 65 countries will benefit.
- Sri Lanka is a beneficiary country under the DCTS Enhanced Preferences Scheme.
- DCTS will replace the UK’s current Generalized Scheme of Preferences (GSP) in early 2023.
- The scheme will apply to countries currently benefiting under the UK’s GSP.
- DCTS will provide duty-free, quota-free trade to LDCs on everything but arms and duty-free, quota-free trade on 85% of eligible goods to most low income (LIC) and lower-middle income (LMIC) countries.
- Policy paper on DCTS https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/developing-countries-trading-scheme-dcts-new-policy-report/developing-countries-trading-scheme-government-policy-response
For more details, please contact:
Commercial Section of Sri Lanka High Commission – London
02072621841 Ext 248 /246